The closest beaches to Villa Veni:
- Kolymvari. Just 4 Km away you will find a lovely beach, ideal for families and children.
- The sandy beach of Kasteli which is 11 km away and the beach of Kaliviani which is 18,6 km away on the west.
The closest beaches to Villa Carpos:
Tersanas Beach 2.2km away. Other nearby beaches include Stavros Beach and Maherida beach.
- Kalathas beach (3 km): Kalathas beach is quite long and most of the time you will not feel crowded. However, if you're looking for a secluded spot, you'll probably find it in one of the sides of the beach. Be aware that Kalathas beach is being affected by the winds.
- Marathi beach (15.5 km): Marathi has two wonderful beaches, divided by the pier of the harbour and they are probably two of the best beaches in Akrotiri peninsula! Both are sandy and well organized with sun beds and umbrellas. The most important advantage with the beaches in Marathi is that you'll almost never see the sea with waves, even when it blows in western Crete. Also there you can find taverns and cafes by the sea. Marathi is ideal for families with children.
- Seitan Limania (14 km): There you will find a beach that differs from other beaches. Nature created three inlets between the steep cliffs of the peninsula. In one of them is located the well-hidden beach which is not organized. Be aware that in order to reach Seitan Limania beach, you have to park your car and then climb down a path, not that easy for children or elderly people.
- Loutraki Beach (13.5 km): Loutraki Beach is a waveless beach with fine sand, between the rocky shore of the bay. Also there you will find restaurants and beach bars.
For both Villas we highly recommend the:
From both Villas, you will be able to visit some of the most famous beaches in Greece!
- A visit to the world famous Elafonisi beach with its pink sand and beautiful landscape is worth considering. Please note that between 11:00-13:00 the beach is really crowded, so you will better enjoy it early in the morning or during the afternoon. You can arrange to arrive at 16:00 or later, as most tourists depart from the beach around 16:00 with buses.
- Falasarna (or Phalasarna) beach is one of the most famous beaches in Greece, which has been awarded as the best beach of Crete and voted as one of the 10 best beaches in Europe in the past, with crystal waters and golden sand.
- It’s highly recommended to make a day trip to Balos lagoon and Gramvousa Isle, which are really beautiful and resembling Caribbean beaches and have an exotic vibe! The clear blue waters and sandy beaches are amazing and you will enjoy the sun and sea. These locations are only accessible by boat departing daily from Kissamos town and it’s recommended that you go there on a weekday, as weekends can be quite crowded.
On the South coast of the island, you can also discover some of Crete’s most amazing natural beaches around the small town of Palaiochora. The distance to the South coast from the villa is about 1 hour by car and you will be able to discover many isolated beaches.
Crete is a magical island filled with myth and legend, a place to relax the ideal choice for all the family.